alice-teacher Alice 2 or 3?

Rikki Fletcher fletcher at csusm.edu
Sun Aug 19 22:41:28 EDT 2012

I feel that what is important is your goal.
I teach a course to college freshmen using 2.2
My goal is for students to learn all the programming concepts without any
syntax.  Secondarily, I want an engaging class where everyone can succeed.
Some students do go on to take "real" programming courses - but that is a
bonus for me.
  If your goal is java programming, then ver 3 might be the better choice.

my 2 cents.