alice-teacher Alice 2 or 3?

Laurie Solomon Cohen lscohen613 at aol.com
Sun Aug 19 16:29:46 EDT 2012

I have a similar question, but almost in reverse. We are using the original textbook that goes with Alice 2. We have already set up our computer labs for the upcoming school year (starting in 2 weeks) with Alice 2.2.
Although we did have some troubles with Alice 2.2 last year, I had planned to continue with it for me upcoming students are low high school students, who have never done any programming, and I wanted to just introduce them to programming and do some very basic projects.
Do you think it is OK for me to continue with 2.2 and the textbooks, or should I really switch to 3 and use on-line lessons and assignments instead of using the textbook?
Suggestions and recommendations are appreciated!

Laurie Cohen
Technology Coordinator/Business Instructor
Yeshiva of Greater Washington
Silver Spring, Maryland LCohen at yeshiva.edu
LSCohen613 at aol.com
240-793-1269 cell