alice-teacher running Alice 2.2 in Oracle's Virtualbox

Wanda Dann wpdann at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Nov 2 12:03:50 EDT 2010

To all on the alice-teacher list:

We are currently tracking down this problem.  Evidently, some changes
were made in the most recent version of Alice 2.2 that is causing this
problem.
We are trying to figure out exactly what the culprit is so that we don't
have to
back up too far on bug fixes.

It would be helpful if those of you who are experiencing this problem
with the
9/10/2010 version of Alice 2.2 would send us some information about
your machine configuration.  Specifically, we need to know:

1)  The kind of machine (PC or Mac) and the OS.
2)  32 bit or 64 bit
3)  Video display card (or chip set)
4)  If a PC with some version of windows, what version of DirectX is
installed.

Meanwhile,  we have posted the previous release (8/01/09) at:

http://www.alice.org/index.php?page=downloads/alice2.2_archive

Wanda