alice-teacher Examples of student projects

Lisa N. Michaud michaudl at merrimack.edu
Thu Dec 2 11:20:42 EST 2010

On 11/29/2010 12:07 PM, Julie Smallfield wrote:
> My administration wants to encourage more students to study computer science, and I'm going to suggest that we use Alice, probably as part of a summer camp for middle school students.  Is there a place where I can find examples of projects that students have created to show my administrators?

My students are college-aged, but these are all non-majors with no prior
experience in programming of any kind.  I have exported movies from each
assignment and put them here:

http://www.merrimack.edu/lmichaud/courses/CSC1510/halloffame.html

I have two more assignments to put up there soon (I just need to figure
out what to use to edit down the sound files to the right length so that
they will export with the movies).

Lisa

--
Dr. Lisa N. Michaud
Assistant Professor, Computer Science Department