[SCA-Dance] War Branle Music tempo question...

David Learmonth david.a.learmonth at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 04:00:48 EDT 2010

Interesting version in the video.  Now although I know that during lots of
doubles, many of us will go into a more natural feel of Walking back and
forth from side to side, as opposed to stepping sideways as I think we do
more often / perhaps feel is more appropriate / accurate.  (I'd expect this
could be debated / discussed as to how to most accurately move sideways in a
period Arbeau fashion, i.e. if a turned walking forward with crossing feet
is allowed.)

However, I find it interesting that they are doing the fast part with added
Cross-kicks, as are done in Scottish Bransle.  Just curious, have other
people done this?  Is this a valid interpretation, or just a flourish?  It
has been a while since I've reconstructed this dance, perhaps I'll have to
take a look later this evening.

Darius