[SCA-BMDL] Fw: [SteltonWald] Fw: [Ballachlagan] WRAPS

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 10:16:54 EST 2010

--- On Mon, 12/6/10, Edward Bednar <eabednar at comcast.net> wrote:

From: Edward Bednar <eabednar at comcast.net>
Subject: [SteltonWald] Fw: [Ballachlagan] WRAPS
To: "Stelton Wald" <SteltonWald at yahoogroups.com>, AEChatelain at yahoogroups.com, spiders at aethelmearc.org
Date: Monday, December 6, 2010, 10:13 AM

From: AElric Ravensaw

Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 9:58 AM

To: Ballachlagan at yahoogroups.com

Subject: [Ballachlagan] WRAPS

Please cross post this to any lists that may be interested!!!!!! Time is of the essence!

The Incipient Shire of Ballachlagan is assisting West Liberty University in hosting the first annual convention of Wheeling Regional Association of Pre-modern Studies. Dr. Darrin Cox, founder and chairperson for WRAPS, as well as the Incipient Shire of Ballachlagan's current minister of Arts and Sciences, "is planning on hosting a new type of conference at West Liberty University during the weekend of October 7-9, 2011. In execution, this event will be a symposium and renaissance fair which combines recent scholarly activity with an ever growing public interest in the pre-modern world. At present, West Liberty University , Wheeling Jesuit University , West Virginia Northern Community College, California University of Pennsylvania, Slippery Rock University , Youngstown State University , and the Society of Creative Anachronisms are participating." This is an effort for the academic medieval history world to cross paths with the SCA. This is an amazing
 opportunity for those in the SCA that have the true desire to learn more about the history we attempt to recreate. Because this is the University's Event we must notify them before hand so they can use the information for their preparations.

We call for the aid of period entertainers! Any musicians who use period instruments, play period songs, jugglers, anything in the bardic arts are encouraged to attend.

We call for the aid of any person who is knowledgeable with their craft: blacksmiths, cooks, timmers, weavers, carpenters - anybody who practices anything in the Arts and Science community who can discuss their crafts and understands the historic techniques and basis behind their crafts. We would like for people to not only have their crafts for display, but also bring works in progress so techniques can be demonstrated.

We call for those who are martially inclined as well. This convention is ideal for those who have achieved the Golden Spur or who are attempting to achieve the Golden Spur. We need people who can demonstrate not just SCA skill in arms, but people who can discuss period masters and swordmanship.

We would like to have a period tournament complete with all heraldic flavor.

Please copy the application below after answering these questions and return them via email to Archais at msn.com.

ABSOLUTE DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 22, 2010.

Application for SCAdian Involvement of WRAPS

Mundane name: ______________________________________

SCA name: _________________________________________

Email address; _______________________________________

Phone number: ______________________________________

(Is there a best time to call?)

Please indicate how you would like to be involved with WRAPS:

_____Instruct classes

_____Presenter in the Arts and Sciences

_____Demo in the Lists

_____General service (manning tables, assisting set up and clean up, being a runner, etc.)

_____Entertainer

_____Herald

_____Merchant

Instructors: Please give a detailed class description. List any kind of handouts you would provide. List any kind of materials you would need from the WRAPS committee such as tables, chairs, etc.

Presenters: Please give a detailed description of what you would like to demonstrate at the convention.

I ________________________________(legal name) commit to be present at the WRAPS Convention at West Liberty University on October 7-9, 2010.

I understand that I will be notified no later than January 10th if my application has been accepted.

________ (Initial)

I understand that SCA related activities at WRAPS will be overseen by the WRAPS Board of Directors and the Shire of Ballachlagan.

________(Initial)

Signed ____________________________________________ Date:

	  Reply to sender |

	  Reply to group |