[oe-sync] Weekly Thursday sync meetings - DRAFT AGENDA + ACTIONS

Klas, Guenter, Vodafone Group Guenter.Klas at vodafone.com
Mon Jul 13 04:32:26 EDT 2015

Satya, all

yes, sounds good. Let's give it a go. Means, all parties/companies should be present. If someone cannot attend, a delegate should be present and stand in.

Regarding the conf call this week on 16 July:

-                      Plan is to purely use CMU's webex and dial-in to that webex conference using our phones (in the hope the quality then is ok).

-                      Working procedure: As Rolf summarised last time, we need to improve the efficiency with these calls. Thus, preparation + feedback + off-line discussions in advance is key.

DRAFT AGENDA:

1.       Dial-in ritual (getting all to use webex and dial in via their phone) 10 min

2.       Status of actions from action item list (see the ACTIONs in below text). PLEASE SEND RESULTS FROM ACTIONS TO THIS LIST BY Wed 15 July COB, so we are more efficient on the call. 10 min

3.       Proposal to set up a document store, so less MBs need to be sent around 10 min

4.       Status regarding Catalysing Cloudlets in CMU course, funding situation, decision (we had documents D004, D005 as input last time. Please comment.) 10 min

5.       Outreach Program Progress
Outreach plan and actions (content of slides has been for review, document D001. Please comment by Wed 15 July) 15 min
Outreach presentation (has been for review, document D002. Please comment by Wed 15 July) 10 min

6.       Technical Program Progress (we had document D003 as input last time. We should get a fresh update sent before 16 July) 15 min

7.       MEC Requirement Progress (verbal feedback) 10 min

8.       AoB

Summary from Rolf from 26 June 2015 meeting: Rolf wrote-

... To improve things going forward, I suggest to change our approach slightly

·         From now on we will hold weekly technical meetings and just report the technical program status into the overall calls

·         We will distribute the call material 2 days before the call to minimise the presentation & discussion time

·         We will change the meeting set-up. It is just too complicated with two bridges. For the next meeting I suggest that we us just WebEx for voice AND application sharing. EVERYBODY should dial-in via phone (not VoIP). Chase is trying to provide the dial-in numbers for all local countries.

Here is a quick summary of the results of the meeting:

Technical Program

·         Project plan details with resource estimate and time plan? (Kiryong, Prakash)

·         Prakash presented current technical work program (attached)

·         ACTION: Kiryong and Prakash will distribute a detailed work plan including scope, deliverables, timeline and required resources until 14 July to everybody

·         ACTION: Prakash will send an invite for weekly technical meetings with Kiryong, Jean, Joe, Guenter and Rolf. Everybody else is welcome to join as well. Please let Prakash know...

·         Testing and certification (Yun Chao) and procurement (Guenter)

-->Guenter has shared his finding around open source procurement

Outreach Program

·         Open Edge Marketing message (attached deck)

·         ACTION ALL: We did not discuss that deck. Still we urgently need an overview deck for the initiative to share with application providers and IT companies. Please have a look and send your feedback to Guenter and myself

·         Outreach program (time plan + resource estimate)

·         ACTION ALL: We did not discuss that deck. Please do not hesitate to send your comments to Guenter and myself.

·         ACTION Yun Chao + Valerie: in case you can get some marketing resources (as suggested in the deck) it would be great

·         Edge application competition (Satya)

·         Satya suggested to run the competition in a CMU course first

·         ACTION Valerie, Yun Chao, Guenter: any chance to support that (funding decision by 16 July 2015 required)

·         Outreach to target industries:

Augmented Reality (Rolf), Manufacturers (Yun Chao), Automotive (Rolf, Valerie),

·         Not discussed

·         Outreach to organisations: OpenStack (Prakash), John Garbutt (OpenStack Project Lead, Guenter, Yun Chao)

·         Not discussed

MEC update (Adrian, Patrice)

·         Next steps? Support for 29 June?

·         Not discussed. However, Adrian got in touch with marketing people from NOKIA to get their support for the open edge requirements

·         Next Steps, AOB

·         White Paper MeC, Business Cases

·         Application World Congress

·         MEC Congress

·         Not discussed

For your convenience please find all the documents below.

Please note that I will be on holiday from today. I will be back in the office on 23 July. Guenter will take over the lead of the next call on 16 July 2015.

Kind regards

Rolf.