[oe-sync] Weekly Thursday sync meetings

Mahadev Satyanarayanan satya at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Jul 10 07:49:46 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,
  This is a new mailing list to help us streamline our regular sync
Webex calls.  There are just 10 people on this mailing list:

Vodafone: Guenter Klas, Rolf Schuster

Huawei: Yunchao Hu, Patrice Hede, Prakash Ramachandran

Intel: Valerie Young, Mike Kozuch, Babu Pillai

CMU: Kiryong Ha, Satya

We are the sync team that will meet regularly to track progress and to
push things along.  Please use this mailing list for all
communications --- that way we won't omit people accidentally.  For
some weeks, for specific topics, there may be extra people we add
explicitly to the "To" or "CC" lines.  The intent is to keep this
regular group size small and manageable (current size of 10 is max).

Please reserve Thursdays 10:00-11:30 EDT on your schedules for our
sync calls.  We may not meet every week, but reserving the time will
help us to be efficient as our work intensifies.  In some rare cases,
a few of us may have to miss a specific meeting.  But hopefully these
will be quite rare.  We all make the effort to try and attend each
meeting.  We'd like at least one person from each organization to
attend every meeting.

Over the summer (because of vacations, for many of us), we have only
two planned meetings: July 16 (next week) and August 20.

Starting from the August 20 meeting onwards, I propose that we decide
at each meeting whether the next week's meeting is needed.  On
Thursdays where there is no meeting, I will send out email asking
whether we need to meet the following week.  That way, we are always
able to meet as a group with only one week's notice.

OK?  I will send out email about next week's meeting and agenda
separately.  I am also working with Webex on getting in-country callin
numbers to simplify the Webex setup.  There are complications
regarding billing that are slowing the process down, hopefully I can
resolve these with Webex today or latest by Monday.  This should help
us ensure good voice quality without needing Huawei to set up voice
callins for each person every week.

 More soon.
                  -- Satya