alice-teacher Alice 3 equivalent of while events

Vanderhyde, James vanderhyde at sxu.edu
Tue Feb 18 11:34:57 EST 2020

Is there an Alice 3 equivalent of Alice 2’s while (begin, during, end) events? The only way to halt and action in the middle was to put code in the “during” portion of the event. Then when the condition became false, whatever the code was doing is immediately stopped.

I found these while events in Alice 2 to be so powerful, that I didn’t even need to teach while loops for any purpose. I think I can do what I want with while loops, but it will be more difficult to teach.

James
—
James Vanderhyde
Associate Professor and Department Chair
Computer Science
Saint Xavier University
3700 W. 103rd St.
Chicago, IL 60655