[Access Lunch] Advice on recruiting locally?

Frank Elavsky fje at cmu.edu
Thu Apr 25 13:09:50 EDT 2024

Hey accessibility lunch folks,

I hope you're all doing well (considering we are at the end of the semester
and many of y'all are likely gearing up for CHI, among everything else).

I have been trying to recruit blind folks locally for a study and have been
having a pretty hard time. Do any of you have any advice on this? Or do you
know anyone who might have advice? I've reached out to LAMP, BVRS, Golden
Triangle Council for the Blind, and even a couple folks I know directly.
But I just can't get anyone to actually share the recruitment materials
around.

Are there any additional avenues you'd recommend? I've heard that the AFB
or some other national-sized org has a mailing list for these things that
you can pay for. If true, perhaps there is a Pittsburgh-specific subset
they could mail to (but I can't find any info on this).

Thanks a million,

Frank