[Storage-research-list] HotStorage '12 Submissions Deadline Approaching

Raju raju at cs.fiu.edu
Mon Feb 20 19:20:08 EST 2012

Dear Storage Researcher,

I'm writing to remind you that the submissions deadline for the 4th
USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Storage and File Systems
(HotStorage '12) is approaching. Please submit your work by March 12,
2012, 9:00 p.m. PST.

http://www.usenix.org/hotstorage12

The HotStorage workshop aims to provide a forum for the cutting edge in
storage research, a venue where researchers can exchange ideas and engage
in discussions with their colleagues. We expect that workshop submissions
will advocate fresh, unorthodox approaches advancing the state of the
art in file and storage systems design. Ideas presented in the workshop
are expected to lead to work that will appear in top-tier systems
conferences in the future.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
* Archival storage
* Cloud storage
* Caching, replication, and data consistency
* Energy-efficient storage
* File system design
* Key-value and NoSQL storage
* Mobile storage
* New memory hierarchies
* New storage architectures
* Solid-state storage
* Storage at home
* Storage security
* Storage performance modeling and prediction
* Storage quality of service
* Storage usability
* The challenges of "Big Data"
* Transactional database storage

For more details on the submission process, please see the complete
Call for Papers at http://www.usenix.org/events/hotstorage12/cfp/

HotStorage '12 will be part of USENIX Federated Conferences Week,
which will take place June 12-15, 2012.

We look forward to receiving your submissions!

Raju Rangaswami, Florida International University
HotStorage '12 Program Chair
hotstorage12chair at usenix.org

Call for Papers
4th USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Storage and File Systems
(HotStorage '12)
June 13-14, 2012
Boston, MA
Part of USENIX Federated Conferences Week, June 12-15, 2012
http://www.usenix.org/events/hotstorage12/cfp/
Submissions deadline: March 12, 2012, 9:00 p.m. PST.