[Storage-research-list] Some space left at the HEC FSIO 2008 Workshop Aug 3-6 Arlington VA

Gary Grider ggrider at lanl.gov
Mon Jul 7 22:17:50 EDT 2008

Storage researchers:

The 4th annual High End Computing File Systems and I/O (HECFSIO) workshop/conference
is being held in Arlington VA Aug 3-6 2008 - about a month from now.
For those of you that are not aware of this event, the HECFSIO is a group of
I/O experts from all the High End Computing (HEC) agencies in the US Federal Government
which advise the HEC federal agencies on R&D funding needs.  The HECFSIO is coordinating
$20-30M and dozens of projects in federally sponsored R&D on HEC File Systems and I/O
activities including NSF HECURA, DOE SciDAC, DOE NNSA, DOD File Systems and I/O
related activities, etc.

This annual workshop/conference is held to make people aware of HECFSIO R&D
current and upcoming funding opportunities, existing R&D status,
and the government and HEC sites views on importance of areas of R&D needed.
The agenda consists of posters, panel sessions, and invited talks as well as
sessions where input on management of the HECFSIO
R&D portfolio is solicited from the attendees.

Time is extremely short, please consider coming to this workshop/conference.
There is no registration fee, breakfasts and lunches are provided so people
have time to network. We have a limit on how many we can accommodate so act
quickly.  A block of rooms at the workshop/conference hotel have been reserved
at government rate.

Even though there is no registration fee, please do register so we have a count
of how many attendees we will have.  Additionally please book your room now.

Registration deadline is July 18 and the hotel room block will expire Friday July 11

All registration, hotel, and agenda information is provided at
http://institute.lanl.gov/hec-fsio/conferences/2008/

Additionally, we have a few poster openings as well.  If you have a poster you
would like to present, please send a note to James Numez jnunez at lanl.gov  .

Again, please consider attending to learn about HECFSIO R&D, current and future funding
opportunities, and help us shape the future of File Systems and I/O research for the
community.

Thanks
Gary Grider
Los Alamos National Lab