[Storage-research-list] File-system traces

Erez Zadok ezk at cs.sunysb.edu
Wed May 9 21:18:22 EDT 2007

In message <OFA386D021.7CE18A91-ONC22572D5.004EB893-C22572D5.004EF763 at il.ibm.com>, Ohad Rodeh writes:

> List,
>    Thanks for all the responses I got. I had made a mistake in asking for
> the cello traces, I actually need a file-system, not block-level, trace. I
> stand corrected. Anyhow, I have one comment, the SNIA repository at
> http://iotta.snia.org/traces/ does not contain any NFS traces currently. I
> hope that will change in the future.
>
>       Ohad.

SNIA has a few of our small f/s level traces captured using Tracefs and
replayable using Replayfs.  The tools were released too, so you could even
capture and replay your own traces.  In addition to SNIA, you can find our
tools and traces here:

      <http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/project-tracefs.html>

Erez.