[SIGBOVIK] SIGBOVIK 2018 Call for Papers

SIGBOVIK Announcements sigbovik-announce at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Jan 27 12:36:03 EST 2018

To All Students, Faculty, Staff and Sentient AIs:

The twelfth annual SIGBOVIK conference will take place at Carnegie Mellon
University on Friday, March 30, 2018 in Rashid Auditorium (GHC 4401). The
Special Interest Group on Harry Q. Bovik is a multidisciplinary conference
dedicated to lesser-known research areas neglected by mainstream
conferences, such as:

   - Complexity practice,
   - Highlight syntaxing,
   - Multi-armed philanthropists,
   - Connotational semantics,
   - Science computers,
   - Data of unusual size,
   - And many more!

The submission deadline is March 4. Everyone is encouraged to submit,
regardless
of affiliation, discipline, rationality, or goodwill. Authors of accepted
papers are encouraged (but not required) to give a ten minute presentation
of their work.

Further disinformation is available at our website:

http://sigbovik.org/2018

To keep up with our announcements, subscribe to our low-traffic mailing
list:

If you have no idea what’s going on:

SIGBOVIK is an evening of tongue-in-cheek academic presentations. If we have
a goal, it’s to poke fun at our fields and provide a venue for silly ideas
with (often but not always) serious executions. SIGBOVIK has both a
published proceedings and live talks, and everyone is welcome to participate
in either or both of these. All subjects are welcome, although be advised
that the primary audience is computer scientists. The best way to get a
feel for SIGBOVIK is to look at our past proceedings, which you can find at
sigbovik.org.