[SIGBOVIK] Announcing SIGBOVIK 2015

SIGBOVIK Announcements sigbovik-announce at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jan 28 14:22:14 EST 2015

To All Students, Faculty, Staff and Sentient AIs:

The ninth annual SIGBOVIK conference will take place at Carnegie Mellon
University on Wednesday, April 1, 2015, in Rashid Auditorium (GHC 4401).
The Special Interest Group on Harry Q. Bovik is a multidisciplinary
conference which specializes in lesser-known research areas such as:

  *

    Unintentional type theory,

  *

    Hierarchical feline stacking,

  *

    n-dimensional polytope schemes,

  *

    Comestibility theory,

  *

    Artificial stupidity,

  *

    Disease and underwear modeling,

  *

    And many more!

For the time being, the submission deadline is March 8.  Everyone is
encouraged to submit, regardless of affiliation, discipline,
rationality, or goodwill.

Further disinformation is available at our website:

http://sigbovik.org/2015 <http://sigbovik.org/2015/>

Submissions are already open on EasyChair:

<https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sigbovik2015>

https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sigbovik2015
<https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sigbovik2015>

To keep up with our announcements, including scheduled hack sessions to
get your creative juices flowing, subscribe to our low-traffic mailing list:

If you have no idea what’s going on:

SIGBOVIK is an evening of tongue-in-cheek academic presentations. If we
have a goal, it’s to poke fun at our fields and provide a venue for
silly ideas with (often but not always) serious executions. SIGBOVIK has
both a published proceedings and live talks, and everyone is welcome to
participate in either or both of these. All subjects are welcome,
although be advised that the primary audience is computer scientists.
The best way to get a feel for SIGBOVIK is to look at our past
proceedings, which you can find atsigbovik.org <http://sigbovik.org/>.