[SCA-Dance] Theme and Variations

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed Apr 5 23:12:18 EDT 2017

At times lately, I find myself torn two or three ways.

(1) The way a dance is commonly done in the SCA and/or is in the Terp
book.

(2) The way that I think matches the source better.

(3) The way that the local dancers want to dance it.  N pive, but
they'd rather do N/2 doubles.  They think it feels better to turn left
rather than right.

And I wonder whether following 2 or 3 might mess people up when they
go to Gulf Wars or to Pennsic.  If they were expert dancers, I
wouldn't worry, but some are newer sorts.

I don't know that there is a good general solution.  I just wanted to
mention it and get feedback.

Danielis de Lindonio
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com