[SCA-Dance] [SCA-dance] SCA Dance History

Sweet, Debby deborah.s.sweet at okstate.edu
Thu Mar 24 10:26:40 EDT 2016

I will say that, for the northern part of Ansteorra, 16th century dances have never been much of a factor at all. I can remember no classes being offered on such dances nor any dance at a ball. Not to say it may not have occurred, but it made no lasting impact upon either the hard-core or social dancers.

Vashti did attend several wInterkingdoms where she taught dance, but I don't remember any 16thc Italian. Central/Southern/Coastal regions may have been different. Vashti & Katrina of Iron Mountain were the big influences of northern Ansteorra.

Estrill Swet