[SCA-Dance] [sca-dance] Pennsic Pile 45 now available

rosina at pathcom.com rosina at pathcom.com
Tue Jun 28 06:22:58 EDT 2016

I'd always check w/ the teacher well in advance. If asked just before
class I'd say no, unless there was a serious problem like no
electricity. 15th-C has a lot of variation in speed, arrangement,
number of repeats, etc, + I won't spend any class time going over what
I need with a musician. But I've twice had live musicians, whom I
worked with before hand, to make sure we both knew what the other was
doing. Then it was fantastic, especially because I could break the
dances into very small chunks to work on. Rebecca did it for me when I
was teaching the ornamented Rostiboli, so having a 2.5 bar phrase
repeated endlessly on demand was invaluable.

Rosina