[SCA-Dance] Sca-dance Digest, Vol 112, Issue 7

Troy Daniels xcvii at alum.mit.edu
Fri May 1 17:22:52 EDT 2015

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Justin du coeur <jducoeur at gmail.com> wrote:

> Huh.  YMMV, but my experience is the opposite -- folks tend to gradually
> turn the cut-under into a skipping step, which sometimes gets *huge* when
> they get enthusiastic about it.

I seem to recall being taught the step-cut-step version with the note that
"you can go quite far with this variation".  If I am on the end of a set of
Petit V'rien with some high-speed lunatic on the left, I will use that step
as then I can keep up.

>From an aesthetic point of view, if you are using large steps, three
passing steps starts to look a lot like running.  Step-cut-step does not
look like any normal gait, so it feels like you are doing something
different, which must mean you are dancing.

Udalrich