[SCA-Dance] Article for Dance Musicians

David Learmonth david.a.learmonth at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 17:29:24 EST 2014

As a quick followup to my earlier message, when I subscribed to the
musician's youtube channel, he messaged me, and we got to chatting.  I let
him know about the SCA.  He is in the UK.

He also asked about music to record, so I mentioned your list Dafydd.  So
you may get multiple recordings.  :)  (since our SCAdians are likely to
work on them too).

I figure more is better.  Though I did mention to him about some of the
factors that make them less than optimal for our purposes  (just because he
asked / admitted they might not be perfect for dancing).  But I said that,
besides being nice to listen to, they still may end up being useful for
dancing, especially until we have our own recordings of them.

(factors I mentioned were:  periodness of arrangement and instruments used.
 speed of music.  repeat structure.)

I just wanted to mention this, in case anyone else subscribes and happens
to get into discussion.  :)

Darius

On 20 February 2014 14:10, David Learmonth <david.a.learmonth at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey Dafydd,
>
> I was just curious to see, at least as a temporary measure, if I might
> find some recordings on Youtube.  So I searched a bit, and did find
> something you might find of interest:
> http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY6dfvc2sgI2D8vBqWA3vULGg7aHe8Pz7

The Bath
The Country Coll
The Gun
Have at thy Coat, Old Woman
Irish Trot
The London Gentlewoman (The Hemp-Dresser)
The Saraband
Skellemasago
The Spanyard
Tom Tinker