[SCA-Dance] Dancing at non-dance events

David Learmonth david.a.learmonth at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 22:27:53 EDT 2014

Hi Patches,

Locally, we've basically decided not to try to do dance after feasts.  It
seems that between feasts running long, and sites closing earlier, or just
general cleanup, or families heading home, it just doesn't tend to happen
any more.

But we've had some success with dance in the Afternoons at events, even
though it is up against a lot of other activities usually.  As a cheerful
note, we did a few hours of dancing (with some pauses in there) just this
past weekend at Ealdormere Coronation.  Yay!  :)

I'd say that it seems like our best shot lately, other than dance-specific
events (which draw all of us out anyways, and varying numbers of local
SCAdians), and dance practices (at which I'm ecstatic to be getting 6
people on average lately, no sarcasm here, I have a lot of fun and do a lot
of dances).

Darius