[SCA-Dance] Documenting Argeers for an A&S competition

Dani Zweig dani at pobox.com
Mon Jan 23 11:06:40 EST 2012

I agree that there's no way to tell from the complexity.  (The notion that
things get more complex and more sophisticated over time is a
nineteenth-century intellectual inheritance.)  The people who danced the
new country dances in Queen Elizabeth's court would have known contemporary
Italian and Spanish dances, so the bar on how high complexity could have
been early on is very high.

- Dani