[SCA-Dance] Recordings for Dancing

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Thu Mar 31 20:07:36 EDT 2011

GunDormr,

This is a great project! I think it could be improved if people would
comment about individual situations that are worth commenting on. A
few off the top of my head:

Contrapasso -- There are 2 repeat structures, one with 2 A's the
second time and one with 3 A's. It'd be nice if you commented about
the repeat structures of these recordings.

Dolce Amoroso Foco/Fiamma. This music falls in one of 2 forms: 3
repeats slow for Fiamma, and 5 repeats fast for Foco. Which of the
recordings is which? Is the track named Passo e Mezzo compatible with
Foco or Fiamma?

Vilanella is a similar example where some places dance it at
double-speed, so you'll find music that's 3X slow or 6X fast.

You might want to label all the JJ tunes with 'midi' in the comments,
so that no one is surprised.

You could provide download links for everything that's downloadable
(see Eric P's pages.)

Once again, thanks for doing such a great project!

-- Gregory