[SCA-Dance] pennsicdance: The Future of KWDS, part 2

David Learmonth david.a.learmonth at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 04:09:26 EDT 2011

I'm not certain what the standard number of people who fly to the event is,
so you can let us know.

But as per Del's message from a few weeks ago, I don't think they did too
badly, including people who flew.  To quote his message:

"That's not actually correct in terms of numbers.  There were a total of 145
people through the
door of KWDS in Sydney, 88 of whom were from overseas (US, NZ, Japan) and 25
of whom travelled
from around Lochac.  I have probably double counted some of the locals
because a few people
came and paid for 2 day rates rather than the entire event so they ended up
as two bookings.

I would suggest doing what I did and announcing the event 4 years in
advance.  Then I badgered
people to put money aside.  I think I calculated that $50 per fortnight put
into a savings
account from a certain Pennsic to the start of KWDS V would result in you
having plenty of
money for travel as well as a reasonable holiday in Australia when you
arrived.  Quite a few
people came and stayed for a couple of weeks, including side trips to
Adelaide and Tasmania and
a few folks that went up to the barrier reef for a visit as well.  Plus one
who came and played
every golf course they could find!

Jan/Feb/March would not work for me.  It's too cold for me to travel to
Europe at that time of
year (recall that I live in a city where it has never snowed, which might be
strange to some of
you).  Other than that I'd love to come to Europe for KWDS."

Darius