[SCA-Dance] New Music/Dance e-Journal

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Tue Oct 26 17:20:16 EDT 2010

Forwarded from another list:

Dear All

I would like to introduce to you the E-journal Early Music and Dance
(http://www.earlymusicanddance.co.uk) which was created to provide a
forum for scholarly studies of the cultures of early Middle Ages to
the end of the seventeenth century. The scope is broad and includes
historical and archival studies, music, dance, iconography, theatre,
court festivals and philosophy. The site will draw together
established scholars, students and professionals, who are engaged on
relevant practical work, to exchange knowledge and awareness of new
research developments. Early Music and Dance promotes international
exchange and cooperation, new methodological ideas and
interdisciplinary approaches.

Call for Papers

Early Music and Dance is dedicated to the study and performance of the
dance and music of early Middle Ages to the seventeenth century and
related arts and its contributors range from senior scholars to new
voices in the field.  The journal welcomes original research and
interdisciplinary articles revealing intersections with topics in
other fields such as History, Theatre Studies, Philosophy,
Iconography, Genre Studies, Literature. We are determined to support
all original research on early music and dance as well as relevant
fields and for that we also organize annual conferences and
publications.

Furthermore, the site is available for advertising performances,
conferences, audio and publications.

Contact me if you want to know more.

Best Wishes

Barbara Grammeniati