[SCA-Dance] Music for Glory of the West?

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Sun Aug 22 15:41:12 EDT 2010

After being in a class with "Glory of the West" and seeing Playford's
instructions <http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/playford_1651/101small.html>
and Dafydd Cyhoeddwr's reconstruction
<http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~white/ECD/GloryWest.htm>, I'm pretty
sure that the music I have, with the pattern ABBABBABB, and the
Terpsichore booklet don't fit the dance in Playford and my own
notions.  Dafydd appears to agree:

     Glory of the West
         for two couples facing (square).
         Reconstructed by Dafydd Cyhoeddwr, music fix suggested by Lady
             Grainne.
     Music:
         Aleyn, by June Tabor (structure is wrong, but I love the
             cellos),
         Popular Tunes in 17th Century England, by Jeremy Barlow
             (structure still wrong, tempo great)
         Country Capers, by the New York Renaissance Band (structure
             wrong again, tempo rather fast)

I think what I want is music with AABBAABBAABB (and maybe that's the
fix mentioned but not described).  Anyone have a source, by chance?

Danielis de Lincolnia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com