[SCA-Dance] Not a Known World Dance Seminar?

Jane & Mark Waks waks at comcast.net
Mon Jun 29 23:30:04 EDT 2009

ROSS WEAVER wrote:
> My recommendation on future KWDS events is to ensure the person at the lead is quite aware of kingdom politics, SCA guidelines vs rules and has a great deal of experience running SCA events.  There is a lot of working with the Kingdom level people and if you don't understand the power structure/politics there it can seriously hurt your effectiveness.

It should be noted that this varies from Kingdom to Kingdom, though. For
instance, the Kingdom had little to do with the Carolingian KWDS -- it
was run pretty much entirely by the Barony. I suspect much depends on
Kingdom culture, and how it deals with large events.

Of course, that largely agrees with the point that you need to
understand how your Kingdom works. Sometimes, though, it's less of an
issue than others...

				-- Justin