[SCA-Dance] singing accompaniment

Huette von Ahrens huette_aliza at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 26 09:49:19 EDT 2009

There is a madrigal by Orazio Vecchi that is found in Cesare Negri's Le Gratie d'Amore, called So Ben Mi Chi Ha Bon Tempo

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/negri/facsimile/0238small.html

So ben mi ch'a bon tempo Fa la la  I know who is having a good time
Al so, ma basta mo. Fa la la
So ben ch'è favorito Fa la la      I know who is well favored
Ahimè! no 'l posso dir. Fa la la   Ah, but I will not say
O s’io pottessi dire Fa la la
Chi va chi sta chi vien  Fa la la  Who goes, who comes, who stays
Saluti e baciamani Fa la la        Who greets whom and who snubs whom
Son tutti indarno a fè. Fa la la

I can't remember all the translation of the lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVvKPlpBxwo&feature=PlayList&p=13ACC9AE294DC434&index=14

This is a very good version, but they left out one verse.

I hope that his helps you.

Huette
Caid