[SCA-Dance] Not a Known World Dance Seminar?

Mary Railing mrailing2 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 22 18:39:48 EDT 2009

Given the difficulties encountered in getting this year's KWDS "approved" by
the SCA, Inc., what would folks here think about the idea of simply deciding
among ourselves to have a "Biennial Dance Symposium" or some such, without
going for official "Known World" status? (Yes, there has been talk in Indiana
of hosting such an event.)  The dance community in the SCA is cohesive enough
that I think we could organize a dance symposium on that basis.  After all,
the corporation doesn't actually provide any material support, just the
benefit of name recognition.

--Urraca