[SCA-Dance] What belongs in a brief introductory dance article?

Jen Kennedy jen_kennedy at warpmail.net
Fri Jun 12 11:59:24 EDT 2009

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 11:31 -0400, "Jane & Mark Waks" <waks at comcast.net>
wrote:
> The high-concept goal here is clear: do what can be done in a *short*
> article[in Known world Handbook] (limit of 2-3000 words) to give a new person a start on period
> dance for events.

Oooh, BRILLIANT!  What a fine idea!
I concur with others' suggestions that a brief broad overview of dance
in the renaissance and in the sca, plus a couple actual choreographies &
music, with pointers for where to find out more, would make an excellent
introduction. It's just the sort of thing I would have liked to have
when I was new.

> I'd also be interested in folks editing/kibitzing/collaborating/ [...]take this off my hands, if
> someone has both the appropriate experience and thinks it sounds like a
> cool project --

Obviously I think it's a cool idea. I don't know if I have the breadth
of experience that would make a known-world relevant article, but I'd
love to help. (My modern job involves editing together
collaboratively-written grant proposals often under tight deadlines so I
may be able to help similarly here).

regards,
HL Eoin, Trimaris