[SCA-Dance] KWDS report (What I Did on my Summer Vacation...)

Jane & Mark Waks waks at comcast.net
Thu Jul 30 18:23:28 EDT 2009

Jessica Cohen wrote:
> I suspect (not being an American myself) that they mean July 4th
> weekend.  Specifically something like July 1-4 or July 2-5, depending
> on the 2010 or 2011.
>
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 3:22 AM, Del<del at babel.com.au> wrote:
>> When is "Independence Day Weekend"?

Correct. Independence Day is by definition July 4th, so this refers to
the nearest weekend, and it's common for folks here to get the 4th off,
frequently with a bridge day connecting it to the nearest weekend.
"Nearest" is a bit subjective, though, if it isn't obvious which weekend
you're talking about -- there's no real standard...

				-- Justin