[SCA-Dance] KWDS report (What I Did on my Summer Vacation...)

Monique Rio nique.rio at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 11:28:42 EDT 2009

Re: Musicians and far away dance events...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo Says a lot. Driving is much
safer for instruments.

However far distances wouldn't totally prevent the presence of
exciting instruments. I know of one musician that borrows a violin
from us when he flies to Cynnabar. There's a wide variety of plastic
instruments that aren't bad quality wise and can take abuse well.
Small instruments often fit in a carry-on bag... you get the idea.

In other words, far distances won't prevent live music. It'll only
limit the number of fragile instruments taken.

-Jadzia

http://www.blowthyhorn.com ~ Choir Directing & Early Music