[SCA-Dance] The Creepy, the rude, and the weird

Jane & Mark Waks waks at comcast.net
Wed Jul 22 19:16:29 EDT 2009

Rebecca Mikkelsen wrote:
> Arming in ECD: men--don't move in and encircle the ladies about the waist while "arming".  It is called "arming", not "waisting".

Hmm. I wonder if this is bleed-over from contradance? I do contra very
occasionally, and one thing that always takes a little getting used to
is how tight the hold for the Balance is (at least, if you do it
energetically). I can sort of understand someone who is used to the
latter having bad habits from it...

				-- Justin