[SCA-Dance] KWDS report (What I Did on my Summer Vacation...)

Beth Gurzler bgdeonna at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 22 10:28:53 EDT 2009

Hi all,

On the question of annual vs bi-annual, there is another option that just came to mind.  How about if KWDS continued to be bi-annual but in between, we added regional dance symposiums.  The advantage to "regional" ones would be that perhaps there would not need to be the big book and issues of political bureaucracy.  It would also mean that some of the events that already happen, like Crystal ball, could be designated regional since, in a sense, they already serve that purpose.  I'm sure other kingdoms have big dance events too.  I guess the difference is that perhaps autocrats could make plans for out of kingdom guests or extend 1 day events into 2 or 3.  I'm not likely to travel half way across the country for a 1 day event, but might if it were 3.

Just my 2 cents
Deonna