[SCA-Dance] The Creepy, the rude, and the weird

Caitriona of Greenwood Isle ladycaitriona at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 20:02:18 EDT 2009

I also dislike the random thumb-rubbing thing, even with my penchant for
flirting. Yuck!

And I will emphatically second the comments about stealing/sharking. Unless
it is a specifically designated sharking set, stealing someone's place (or
the place of someone's partner, as it were) is just plain rude. Especially
if it's a stranger. You have no idea if you've just interrupted a newbie's
first dance ever, or gotten in between someone and the crush they've finally
gotten the nerve to talk to, or broken up the dance of the married couple
who finally found someone to watch the kid for a dance so they could
actually dance together. You have no idea if it's the sharkee or their
partner's Very Favorite Dance Ever. So just don't do it!
 (Yes, I have before had another man come up and steal the place of the man
I was dating at the time, who had many other obligations that made getting a
dance with him a rare treat. Let's just say, hell hath no fury like a woman
dancer scorned.)

Caitriona

--
Heather Cougar