[SCA-Dance] dance banner

Stephen Kiefert lanhamlaw at att.net
Mon Jul 13 04:57:52 EDT 2009

Some of you saw the Atlantian dance academy banner at KWDS and there was some interest in it so I will post it here

In heraldry, there is a horizontal bar with indented edges called a fess dancetty, commonly called a dance.  In Atlantia we have a device for the kingdom dance guild consisting of a blue field with a white dance across it, surmounted with a seahorse, which is our kingdom badge we put on everything.
 http://dance.atlantia.sca.org/images/logo.gif

This design could be used by other kingdoms with their appropriate colors and badge to create a commonly recognizable dance group banner and raise the profile of dance.  Belt favors or baldrics are also possibilities.

Stefan of Cambion