[SCA-Dance] KWDS report (What I Did on my Summer Vacation...)

Mary Railing mrailing2 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 10 11:39:41 EDT 2009

Thanks for the numbers.  I had guessed attendance to be closer to 200 than 150, but it's so hard to tell when an event is so spread out.  I had no sense of what percentage of attendees stayed in the dorm.

I have always stayed in a dorm for KWDS because of the convenience, but I agree that a hotel is likely to be cheaper and more comfortable.  How about a Student Union on campus with a hotel at one end, a food court, several wooden-floored rooms to dance in, real dance studios a block away, as well as the usual sort of hotel meeting rooms?  The problem is that the hotel rooms are quite expensive, and we aren't likely to fill up a room block big enough to get much of a discount. They also charge for parking if you are not staying in the hotel.  I don't know yet what dorm rooms would cost.

--Urraca