[SCA-Dance] looking for a few good dances to start our group

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu May 8 17:09:41 EDT 2008

On Thu, 8 May 2008, saporling2 <saporling2 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> where do you find the instructions for these?

I use the Terpsichore at the Tower cheat-sheet booklet.  I know
someone who downloaded it, but I can't find it right now.
Often, though, they only help me if I already know the dance and need
a reminder.

> & are there any others that are simple for beginners?

I've always been fond of Half Hannigan for a warmup.
- it's vigorous without being exhausting (if your music isn't too
   long)
- it's the prototypical English Country Dance, consisting of nothing
   BUT doubling, siding, and arming
- it's a mixer, so it's good for "how do you do?" or a brief "hi,
   Jane, long time no see!"

Daniel Lincolinum
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com