[SCA-Dance] Dance Floor Maintenance

David Learmonth david.a.learmonth at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 08:56:23 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm making one quick last request that someone hopefully confirm what
type of Plywood I am supposed to be ordering for replacement Floor
Boards for the Pennsic Dance Floor?

I'm also emailing SCA Dance, just in case Flip and other original
builders aren't on the Pennsic dance list.

So, if anyone can confirm what I should be calling this plywood in
particular, please let me know.  Here were my and other guesses so
far:
"3/4 inch, tongue in groove"
Or
that the flooring itself is actually subflooring, rather than another
grade of plywood.

If anyone can confirm this for sure, before I order 16 new sheets of
it and completely screw up the floor, and our budget, please please
please let me know!  I am no expert in the materials, and I need to
order this Now, because my car won't fit the plywood once I get there,
so I need pennsic staff to grab it for me.  Thank you for the feedback
on this.

Oh, and secondly, if anyone knows exactly what procedure to follow for
waterproofing and priming the new boards, that would also be helpful.

Thanks.
Darius