[SCA-Dance] Sca-dance Digest, Vol 28, Issue 17

Jane & Mark Waks waks at comcast.net
Sun Feb 17 19:08:46 EST 2008

John-Michael Robinson wrote:
> I have yet to come across a pavan other than Quadran Pavan that was not an
> SCA creation.

Probably not quite true: the Carolingia Pavan (which still seems to be
the most common pavan around) may be *named* for us, but we didn't
invent it. We got it from Dr. Brainard way back in the mists of time;
the name came from the fact that Carolingia popularized it.

Of course, as done in much of the SCA it's mutated quite a lot. But the
original design wasn't written in the Society...

				-- Justin