[SCA-Dance] late 16th c. Revel at Pennsic

Judith judithsca at aol.com
Thu May 17 11:43:10 EDT 2007

>From Lord Vyncent atte Wodegate.

Greetings to all dancers and musicians of the Known World!  I, Vyncent atte
Wodegate, am pleased to bring you this news: On the evening of the feast of
the Transfiguration of Our Lord (the 6th of August) at the Pennsic War, a
revel will be held celebrating all manner of dance, be they put down in
paper by the Frenchman Thoinot Arbeau, our good friend Signor Fabritio
Caroso, the esteemed Signor Cesare Negri, or the dances that they call in
England The Old Measures.

 From the hour of nine until midnight, the tent shall be full of wonderful
music, delights to enjoy on the banqueting table, and gracious lords and
ladies to dance with.

As ever, I remain,

Vyncent atte Wodegate

Note:  16th Century dress admired, not required.  Most of the music will be
taken from the Pennsic Pile; those that are not available in the Pile will
be made ready at the revel.  All musicians and dancers are welcome!