[SCA-Dance] lKWDS brainstorming

Beth Gurzler bgdeonna at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 27 09:55:57 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Just a thought to keep you going as you pack for Seattle.  I was toying with
the idea of a KWD&MS here in upstate NY, specifically in Saratoga Springs
which is home to the National museum of Dance.  The atmosphere here is much
different than the other venues we've seen so far.  There is a very nice
college in the area - Skidmore College but the city of saratoga springs is
anything but city-like.  It is surrounded by the Adirondack mountains, state
park, a national historic site (the Roosevelt baths) a good sized lake and
is the home of a racecourse so there is farmland all around.  In general,
it's a beautiful place to visit as well and could make a wonderful family
vacation if that was your desire.  There are even campgrounds not far away.
The city itself has many hotels from the very posh to the general run of the
mill.  The nearest big airport (about 40 miles away) is Albany
"international" (they go to Canada) but it isn't really a major hub like
Boston, or New York City (each about 3 hours away).

So what do you think?  I'm not anywhere near a bid but would be willing to
pursue it if the interest was there.

Cheers and happy dancing
Deonna