[SCA-Dance] ADMIN: reply-to issue.

sca-dance-owner at lists.andrew.cmu.edu sca-dance-owner at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Feb 23 12:48:53 EST 2007

tom.vincent at yahoo.com writes:
>Can't the software for this list be fixed to do 'reply-to-list' like
>virtually every other e-list?  Is it a discussion list or is this
>supposed to be announcements only?

Virtually every mail program has two seperate types of replys:
convincing me that folks who can memorize complex bassa dances and
such can't figure out which one to use. While i agree that force reply
to list is somewhat easier, A decision was made to allow readers to
choose to whom replies were to go to, rather than having the list
software "break" that functionality.

There are sound technical arguments for not breaking email standards
by overwriting the "reply-to:" header... they can be found online and
shall not be reitterated here, again. Search the archives if you must.

"Beth Gurzler" <bgdeonna at hotmail.com> writes:
>why the list was so quiet. Perhaps it's the "reply all" issue?
I don't think it's the reply all issue, due to the fact that there are
very few "initial" posts to which people would be replying.

That said, if there is a huge outcry (more than 50% of the list)
to switch it back, I'll switch it back.

That preference, as opposed to everything else, should be directed to
me *off* list. sca-dance-owner at lists.andrew.cmu.edu

--
Filip of the Marche
Just on the border of your waking mind, There lies - Another time,