[SCA-Dance] torches for torch branle

The MOMstable the_momstable at rocketmail.com
Tue Jun 13 15:33:38 EDT 2006

When we've danced this (West Kingdom), we have starters hold batches of
flowers (if it's to be a snowball type dance) or single flowers, either
real or silk.  For the snowball variation, they give half to their
partner when it's time to part, until everyone has one flower, or the
dance ends.  For the other variation, they pass the flower, rather than
light the torch or candle.  Especially good for halls that do not allow
flame.

In service
Na'arah bat Avraham