[SCA-Dance] OT- Oberlin College looking for temp. dance/dance history teacher

c. staebler shibhan at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 17 11:34:52 EDT 2005

Hi!
   Because I am greedy and would love to see an SCA
dance guru/laurel nearby for however short a time, I'm
dangling this job listing for lovely Oberlin College
in quaint Oberlin, OH. (OK, I'm begging. Laugh if you
will.)
   Oberlin College is looking for a part-time VISITING
INSTRUCTOR/ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF DANCE.
   ``This is a temporary research-leave replacement.
Appointment to this position will be for a term of one
semester beginning February 2006.''
   ``The incumbent will teach 3 courses in areas of
History and Performance, including:  1) a Dance
History course; 2) an intermediate-level course that
combines research and performance preparation; and, 3)
an advanced seminar dealing with aspects of movement
and/or the body.  Among the qualifications required
for appointment is the MFA or MA in Dance; a Ph.D. is
preferable.''
  For more details try:
http://www.oberlin.edu/HR/FACopenings/FAC06-09.html
   Anyway, it's a lovely thought.
   If any of you fine dancers apply, let me know if I
can help in any way.
   Chiffon