[SCA-BMDL] How's Life Treating You?

Ruth Morrisson maistresmyfanwy at icloud.com
Sat Apr 18 11:41:02 EDT 2020

Greetings from Myfanwy!
Not too much SCA stuff at the moment (other than “attending” the Æthereal Coronation).  But Alastar has been working, and I’ve been writing a lot of poetry (I’m up 5 poems on this year’s NaPoWriMo, with a little under 2 weeks to go).
Gonna spend this afternoon attempting to sew masks (about to go digging through the fabric stash — fortunately it looks as if I have at least a couple of yards of narrow elastic.  But I may also just try doing the “folded t-shirt” style to start with (we picked up some larger — and hopefully more comfortable — hair bands at Target the other day).
I have been listening to the music links that Mistress Arianna has been posting (although I haven’t have time to listen to the full Machaut Mass yet).
I have also pulled out the modern translation of an Italian Renaissance romantic epic, Orlando Innamorato, by Matteo Maria Boiardo (but am still reading the front matter…).  It’s the same style of poetry later used by Edmund Spenser for The Fairie Queen;  if I can make it through Boiardo (and then can track down a translation of the later Orlando Furioso by Ludovico Ariosto), I may actually take another stab at Spenser (although, when I had to read Book 1 for an English lit class in college I wanted to stab my eyes with blunt needles — and the 75¢ drafts and good burgers at a pub off campus — was the *only* thing that got me through even that much.  As in “Hey Ed — you dedicated this crap to Elizabeth the First so you could get home from Ireland?  And it didn’t work?  Betting I’m guessing she was as bored by it as I was….” LoL
Alastar has been working from home but also playing around with making bread, and coming up with basically “packages” (like the jars of “all you need to add to this cookie recipe is the liquid”) to hand out to people once he’s got the basics worked out.

> On Apr 18, 2020, at 10:31 AM, Krista Cogan <krista.cogan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Salve Accolens, Debatable Lands and friends!
>
> How are you doing? What do you need? How's life treating you?
>
> What kinds of online SCA are doing? What would you like to do?
>
> ~Bns Hilda

Maistres Myfanwy ferch Rhiannon
Ruth Morrisson
MaistresMyfanwy at icloud.com