[SCA-BMDL] From Their Majesties

Krista Cogan krista.cogan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 13:23:08 EDT 2020

Read the wise words of King Maynard and Queen Liadain:

Glorious Greetings unto Sylvan Æthelmearc and beyond, from King Maynard and
Queen Liadain!

We wish to extend Our sincere gratitude to the many people who made Our
Kingdom’s unique Coronation successful. We deeply appreciate everyone’s
efforts on Our behalf to create a day of pageantry and excitement for all
to enjoy. Thank you to Their Graces, Timothy and Gabrielle, for their
leadership and service, to all who attended and participated, as well as
the many people behind the scenes working to make Our Kingdom shine. While
we look forward to celebrating in person in the months to come, the online
format was incredibly magical in allowing Us to share the day with friends,
family and Royal Cousins quite literally around the globe.

Thank you to our Kingdom Webminster, Baroness Amalie Reinhardt, and Social
Media Officer, THLady Sumayya Ghaziyya, for their diligent efforts to
enable us to maintain our much-needed social interaction through the
interwebs. Æthelmearc has an incredible opportunity to stay connected
through Zoom and We would encourage you to contact these industrious ladies
for more information on how to utilize this powerful tool for meetings,
classes, social gatherings and so much more.

As announced during Coronation, We plan to continue to engage with the
populace in a series of regularly scheduled live, online initiatives and
events which we are very excited about. We plan to host entertainment,
interactive games, meaningful conversations with guests from around the
Known World and more. In addition to allowing Us to connect with all of
you, “ÆLive” will provide Us a platform to communicate up-to-date
information and as well as recognize the good works of individuals and
groups.

The current health crisis has presented a challenging landscape for our
organization, particularly when it comes to events and courts, but we are
inherently creative (our name says so!) and we will reimagine as needed to
stay healthy physically and as a group. Please be patient and try to remain
optimistic as events are cancelled or postponed. We don’t know when, but we
do know there is an end sight. To that end, Our Crown tournament, scheduled
May 2, 2020 is officially postponed. The Sylvan Line must continue, and a
date will be announced once we have a clearer view of feasible date. The
deadline for submission of letters of intent is hereby extended until such
time as We announce an official event date and corresponding deadline. We
will remain in contact with all involved and more information will be
forthcoming as it is available.

We have also made the decision to postpone Courts until that not so distant
future when we may all gather together again. This is not to say it won’t
happen, but for now, we feel strongly that everyone, no matter their
station, deserves their day and that it is more meaningful to be present in
the company of others, to FEEL the energy of friends and family cheer as
one for all they have done. Indeed, this may mean delaying receipt but, We
believe it is worth the wait. Please continue to submit your letters of
recommendation!

Our last letter as Heirs announced a Pilgrimage, but as the current
pandemic precludes the ability to travel, this too shall be delayed or
possibly transformed. We will continue to adapt and provide new, hopefully
exciting endeavors so that we many all remain engaged. Have an idea? Please
share it with us. Our contact information is available on our website,
accessible through the Kingdom website.

No matter what your personal situation is, there is much stress and
uncertainty. We raise a glass to those essential workers on the front lines
and express our deep gratitude. We also keep those dealing with personal
illness and loss in our hearts. We are so proud of our organization and
populace in responding to this ongoing crisis with positive action, immense
resiliency and flexibility. We understand things can be overwhelming; know
We are here by your side and available to you. Please do not hesitate to
rely on Us, your friends and family – we are your shield-mates. We shall
band together as a Kingdom and face down this invisible foe as one.

Please be kind to one another, wash your hands, do your part to practice
safe guidelines to help mitigate the spread of this virus. Our strength
lies in our unity. We WILL overcome this and shall join together in
celebration of a victory hard won.

For Glory, Honor and Æthelmearc,

Maynard and Liadain

Rex et Regina