[SCA-BMDL] Fiber guild meeting tonight! Banner making!

Dina Ternullo dinaternullo at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 16 11:53:36 EDT 2019

This is a reminder that the fiber guild meeting is tonight.

There will be baked goods and tea. I am trying to stop buying styrofoam cups for tea, and will bring some xtra mugs. However, if you have a favorite mug you want to bring, that would be great!

> The Next BMDL Fiber Guild meeting is on Tuesday, April 16 at Songbird Artistry, 4316 Penn Ave., Lawrenceville, at 7 PM.

Master Ishiyama will teach us how to make silk banners! Paint your heraldry, decorate your camp, add some pageantry to you SCA life (or mundane life - who wouldn't love silk banners fluttering in the office AC?), or, if you're temporarily out of ideas, come and make spiffy comet pennons to decorate the baronial list ropes!

"Learn the basics of painting silk banners by making pennons. We'll be painting arms and badges onto silk using paint that flows into the fibers leaving smooth flowing fabric, and resists to keep the colors where we want them. If you want to paint a specific design, please bring it sized to fit on a 10 inch wide 14 inch tall equilateral triangular pennon. Otherwise, we'll be making black and gold comet pennons to hang from our Baronial list ropes. All brushes and materials will be provided."