[SCA-BMDL] Baronial Heavy Weapons Champion tournament!

Ray Strobel rstrobel at gmail.com
Mon May 22 10:21:48 EDT 2017

Fighters of the Debatable Lands! Your heavy weapons champion commands your
attention.

My time as Baronial Champion comes to a close this Sunday, when a
tournament to determine the next champion shall be held. All good and able
fighters are invited and encouraged to armor up (and fix what needs fixing
from War Practice!) and come to the Washington Blvd. practice site this
Sunday, May 28th. The tournament will begin at 3pm! All fighters who reside
in the BMDL are eligible to enter this tournament, by decree of Their
Excellencies!

Depending on the number of entrants, the tournament format will be either
Round Robin, or, in honor of my lovely wife Odriana, using a Dutch system*.
Bring what weapons form you have, several will be called upon, and what you
don't have can be loaned to you that day.

What does it mean to be champion? Firstly, it means representing the
Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands with honor and chivalry! As champion,
you are our entrant in the Seven Pearls Baronial Champions Tournament** in
September, where you will fight AEthelmearc's other baronial champions. You
are also invited and encouraged to fight at the Baronial Champion's
tournament at Pennsic (should you be attending), which occurs during War
Week.

It has been an honor to serve as your heavy weapons champion this past
year. I eagerly await to see who's hungry to step up and take my place!

Kieran MacRae

*-The Dutch system is a variant on the Swiss system. More info here:

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss-system_tournament
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FSwiss-system_tournament&h=ATNJ5anuHCmap7W7EB88O9dxLlVFi3RD1CPGyj5Vt7K1XQKRpDkisRnSYlJ-XjZvwE_9PFBs6nUVrXNAcHwnnaAp6N_SkkO9cs0W18Gf5ZTU6dcvutshTnMe_Q_tNs-53VIww1pi>

**- Information about Seven Pearls can be found here:

http://aethelmearc.org/event/2nd-annual-7-pearls-championship-weekend/

KM

<<>>
Ray Strobel

Musician, teacher, composer
"If it sounds good, it is good." --Peter Schickele