[SCA-BMDL] BMDL Fiber Guild meeting Tuesday May 9, 7 PM

Dina Ternullo dinaternullo at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 29 16:08:46 EDT 2017

Resending with the corrected date:

Greetings!

We will have our next meeting on Tuesday, May 9th at 7PM, at Songbird Artistry, 4316 Penn Ave. in Lawrenceville.
The topic for this month is: Symbols and Meaning in Traditional Russian and Ukrainian Embroidery. It's pretty, and intricate, and mostly red, but do you know what it means? We will look at traditional Eastern European embroidery, and learn to recognize the common motifs and their meaning. These symbols are not unique to Eastern Europe, and are also found on woven and knit pieces, and pysanki eggs. Feel free to bring your own embroidery pieces!

As always, feel free to bring projects to work on! Tea and snacks will be happening, as usual.

(Drinking tea is encouraged but not mandatory. Please contact me about any dietary restrictions)

Luceta.